20 Psychology facts about human attraction!
Do you agree with these facts?
- Your biggest lesson learned this year is probably not to give so much of yourself to people who will not do the same for you.
- A study shows that men who feel hungry often preferred women with higher weights.
- Attempting to convince yourself that you don’t care about someone is a clear indicator of what you really do.
- The scent may be one of the factors in one’s attraction towards another.
- A study in 1996, by the University of Minnesota-Minneapolis on a group of 664 student volunteers showed that young college adults were concerned about physical attractiveness.
- Evolutionary biologists say that it’s better to be average looking, as average features advertise better reproductive health and a more diverse set of genes.
- Anxiety is sudden unexplained attacks of intense fear without any apparent cause.
- Once you begin to dislike someone, everything they do tends to annoy you.
- Studies show that we are more attracted to people who look similar to us.
- A study conducted in the United Kingdom found that whenever a woman finds a man attractive, she speaks with a higher pitcher voice.
- Woman’s hormone levels are affected by birth control pills. A woman who takes birth control pills are more attracted to men with more masculine features, but these men are often linked to aggressive behavior, higher testosterone levels, and even higher divorce rates.
- Act confidently while working and people will believe you are an expert.
- Studies suggest that both within and across ethnicity and culture, humans agree on who is and isn’t attractive. Researches note that there are universal standards of attractiveness.
- There is nothing more important to people than their self-image. Figure out how people like to think of themselves and challenge or reinforce it to your advantage/
- Online polls showed that men are more concerned about the weight of date while women are concerned about a potential partner’s height. Women with 20 pounds overweight and men even just an inch below the average height have a tougher time getting a date.
- Women are attracted to different things depending on where they are in their menstrual cycle. Studies show that when a woman is in her most fertile stage, she will prefer men who have more masculine features, such as deeper voices, more symmetrical faces, competitiveness, and victory over other males.
- Appearance plays an important role even when voting during elections. The maturity and physical attractiveness of politicians were most important for voters’ choice.
- Children who are born to their parents in their 30’s tend to find older faces more attractive than children born to their parents in their 20s.
- Women judge a man to be more attractive when they see another woman looking or smiling at him.
- Cuteness inspires aggression which is why we often want to squeeze things we find cute.
The mind has a powerful way of attracting things that are in harmony with it, good and bad.Idowu Koyenikan